Colds and Flus
Nutritional Support for Colds & Flus
(Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, URIs, Influenza)
The purpose of this protocol is to help accelerate healing and prevent secondary infections and long term health problems associated with respiratory tract infections and influenza. Individuals who follow this program fully recover more rapidly.
- ElectroPure Colloidal Silver 150 PPM: ½ to 1 teaspoon gargled and swallowed every 4 to 6 hours; a very high potency, professional grade of electrolytic, colloidal silver hydrosol containing 99.999% pure silver suspended in pharmaceutical-grade purified water, which has been proven to be safe, non-toxic, and clinically effective against a broad range of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and fungi, even in people that are immunosuppressed by chemotherapy and/or chronic diseases.
- Argentyn-23 Colloidal Silver: ½ to 1 teaspoon gargled and swallowed every 4 to 6 hours; a professional grade of colloidal silver hydrosol containing 99.999% pure silver suspended in pharmaceutical-grade purified water, which has been proven to be safe, non-toxic, and clinically effective against a broad range of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and fungi, even in people that are immunosuppressed by chemotherapy and/or chronic diseases.
- Bee Propolis Standardized Extract: 2 capsules every three to four hours; purified, high potency extract of Bee Propolis clinically shown to possess potent, antimicrobial, immune modulatory and anti-inflammatory properties that suppress or kill a very wide spectrum of detrimental bacteria, fungi, viruses and protozoa, including antibiotic-resistant Streptococci, gram-negative bacteria, Herpes and Influenza viruses, etc.
- Broad Spectrum Probiotic: 1 to 2 tablet(s) twice daily; very potent, broad-spectrum, probiotic complex that enhances immune defenses and protects intestinal flora.
- C Aspa Scorb: ½ to 1 tsp. every three to four hours in water or diluted juice; specially formulated, high potency, buffered mineral ascorbates (vitamin C) complex essential for activating immune defenses against viral, bacterial and other pathogenic infections and protecting epithelial cells in the respiratory tract, esp. in the sinuses and lungs.
- Cat’s Claw: 1 to 2 capsule(s) every four hours; purified, concentrated source of Unicaria tomentosa, a potent, antimicrobial herbal medicine.
- Oliver 500 mg: 1 to 2 capsule(s) every four hours; purified, concentrated source of oleuropein, a secoiridoid monoterpene glycoside polyphenol, with potent, antimicrobial, immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory properties effective against a broad spectrum of bacterial, viral, parasitic pathogens, thereby helping to prevent secondary infections and diminish inflammation.
- Zinc Lozenges (#897): slowly dissolve 2 lozenges in mouth at the first sign of sore throat or cold, then slowly dissolve 1 lozenge every waking hour and 1 lozenge at bedtime; unique, potent, good tasting formulation of zinc gluconate, buffered vitamin C and purified extracts of Bee Propolis, Echinacea, Elderberry and Slippery Elm Bark clinically demonstrated to help strengthen local immune defenses to fight bacterial and viral infections, soothe sore throat and accelerate healing.
- Bio-D-Mulsion Forte: 3 drops daily with meals; purified, easily absorbed, liquid form of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) essential for healthy, effective, immune defenses against all pathogenic organisms.
- Cytozyme-THY: 2 to 3 tablets three times daily; rich source of thymic proteins that stimulate immune cells to fight infections.
- IAG: 2 teaspoons in water, diluted juice or applesauce three to four times daily; purified, concentrated extract of Larix occidentalis, a rich source of arabinogalatans that enhance immune defenses against bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
- Immuno-gG: 2 capsules three times daily; purified, concentrated, bovine colostrum that boosts immune antibody defenses against a wide range of infectious pathogens.
- Neutrophil Plus: 2 capsules twice daily; special complex of immune supportive vitamins, minerals, glandular extracts, and botanical extracts designed to help boost white blood cell function to fight infections.
- UltraVir-X: 2 capsules three times daily; potent complex of purified, herbal extracts, medicinal mycelial extracts, bioflavonoids, vitamins and minerals that helps fight viral infections.
- ACS 200 Silver Extra Strength (#RNA900): 6 sprays by mouth every three to four hours; do not eat or drink for 2 minutes following dose; a professional grade of colloidal silver hydrosol containing 99.999% pure silver suspended in pharmaceutical-grade, nano-distilled water, which has been proven to be safe, non-toxic, and clinically effective against a broad range of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and fungi, even in people that are immunosuppressed by chemotherapy and/or chronic diseases that helps to eliminate and prevent opportunistic infections.
- Advanced Biocidin Throat Spray (#BIOC9): 3 to 5 sprays in throat every 4 hours (adults and children over 12 years old) or 1 to 3 spray(s) in throat every 4 hours (children under 12 years old); potent, proprietary formulation of concentrated herbal extracts of Propolis, Hydrastis canadensis, Plantago major, Silybum marianum, Echinacea angustifolia, Morinda cirtifolia, Juglans nigra, Lentinus edodes, Mentha piperita, Origanum vulgare, Ferula galbaniflua, Lavendula angustifolia, Melaleuca alternifolia and Gentiana lutea that synergistically helps enhance local immune defenses, fight a wide range of viral, bacterial and fungal infectious pathogens and calm inflammation in the upper respiratory tract.
- Andrographis Extract 400 mg (#N4591): 1 to 2 capsule(s) three times daily; purified, potent extract of Andrographis paniculata providing 10% Andrographolides, which scientific research has indicated has powerful, antiviral properties, and may help to support a healthy and balanced immune system response in respiratory infections; free of gluten, wheat, dairy/milk, soy, yeast, sugar, salt, corn, eggs, shellfish, and preservatives.
- Bronchial Soothe® (#BRO32): 2 teaspoons (adults), 1½ teaspoons (children 6 years of age and older), and 1 teaspoon (children 2 to 5 years of age) every 3 to 4 hours; excellent remedy for coughs and upper and lower respiratory congestion in children and adults; a soothing, 99.9% alcohol-free, non-drowsy syrup of English Ivy Leaf (Hedera helix) extract standardized to provide Hederacoside C for optimal lung and bronchial passageway health; free of gluten, wheat, dairy/milk, soy, yeast, sugar, salt, corn, eggs, shellfish, and artificial colors/flavors.
- Chestal Adult Cough & Cold© (#B67284) (for adults and children over 12 yrs. old), or Chestal Children's Cold & Cough© (#B06828): (for children 2 to 12 yrs. old): 2 teaspoons every two hours (for adults and children over 12 yrs. old) or 1 teaspoon every two hours (for children 2 to 12 yrs. old); good tasting, homeopathic, honey-flavored cough syrup formulation designed to help temporarily relieve coughs due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold and loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive.
- Innate Immune Support (#P19246): 2 capsules three times daily; unique, high potency, botanical formulation of Astragalus membranaceus, Andrographis paniculata, and Ganoderma lucidum, designed to promote cell-mediated immune response, including Natural Killer cell and macrophage activity, as well as increased IgA and IgG antibody serum levels, for enhancement of natural immune defenses, and support of healthy, respiratory and gastrointestinal mucosa.
- MGO 550+ Manuka Honey (#MK109): 1 tablespoon every 3 to 4 hours; immune support for sore throats; a special medicinal honey from Australia that supports immune defenses against infections.
- Mucolyxir (#MUCO2): 2 drops under the tongue every 15 minutes for 4 doses, then 2 drops every one to two hours; purified, high potency, fluid concentrate of DNA nucleotides that thins and loosens mucus secretions, decreases mucosal inflammation and accelerates healing of earaches, sore throats, pharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, laryngitis, asthma, emphysema, pneumonia, etc.
- MyCommunity Host Defense (#H38131): 2 capsules twice daily for children under 12 years, 3 capsules twice daily for teenagers, and, 4 capsules twice daily for adults; very powerful, comprehensive, enhanced, organic, medicinal mushroom complex, composed of a unique combination of seventeen, specially hybridized, medicinal mushroom species, providing beta-glucans, arabinoxylane, cordycepic acid, glycoproteins, ergosterols, triterpenoids, and other myco-nutrients that are essential for supporting natural immunity, which significantly augments T-lymphocyte natural killer (NK) cell ‘seek & destroy’ function to help prevent and fight pathogenic infections.
- Oscillococcinum ® (#B78245): dissolve entire contents of one tube in the mouth every six hours (adults and children over 2 years old) or 1/2 of the contents of one tube in the mouth every six hours (children under 2 years old); each tube provides Anas barbariae hepatis et cordis extractum 200CK HPUS (indicates that these ingredients are officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States), a special, safe, effective, homeopathic medicine clinically proven to help reduce the duration and severity of flu symptoms, especially if taken within the first 12 hours of the onset of flu symptoms.
- ProBoost Thymic Protein A 4 mcg (#BIOP3): 1 packet dissolved under tongue three times daily; potent polypeptide activator of the thymus gland-derived immune cells which fight infections, especially effective against viruses and bacteria.
- Sambucus Original Syrup (#SAMBU): 2 teaspoons every four hours (adults and children over 12 years old) or 1 teaspoon every four hours (children under 12 years old); the original, most extensively researched worldwide, pleasant tasting, immune system boosting, Kosher extract of Sambucus nigra (black elderberry), developed by world-renowned virologist Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu, that helps to shorten the duration and diminish the severity of viral illnesses and influenza.
- Umcka Cold Care (#UMCK6): 1 ml every four hours (adults and children over 12 years old) or 1/2 ml every four hours (children under 12 years old); special, botanical preparation of Pelargonium sidoides proven effective for ‘strep throat’ and bacterial respiratory tract infections that helps shorten duration and reduce severity of symptoms associated with the common cold and throat, sinus and bronchial irritations and loosen phlegm (mucus) to make coughs more productive.
- XLEAR nasal spray (#XLEAR): 2 sprays in each nostril four or more times daily for prevention and increase to every 1/2 hour for acute care of colds & flus; soothing, saline nasal solution containing xylitol which removes debris from nasal passages and inhibits bacterial infections.
- Immuno-Max: 3 to 6 capsules twice daily; special complex of ImmuneEnhancer AG (arabinogalactans), Aloe 200:1 concentrate (acemannans), Astragalus, Cat’s Claw, Colostrum, Green Tea Polyphenols, and Prunella (Self-Heal) designed to strengthen the immune defenses to help prevent and fight all infections.
- Red Marine Algae: 3 to 6 capsules daily; proprietary blend of Red Algae Gigartina, Red Algae Dumontacaea, and Spirulina providing a rich source of sulfated polysaccharide compounds that have potent, anti-viral activity.
- Vir-U-Sure: 3 to 6 capsules twice daily; special complex of Red Algae Gigartina, Neem extract, Olive Leaf extract, Spirulina, Oregano Oil powder, and Chlorozyme designed to help prevent and fight viral infections.
Give 1/2 of the above-recommended adult dosages.
DrM recommends using agents # 1 or 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 25, and 28 initially as directed. Add other agents according to your symptomatic response and relief. Listen to your body. Everyone is unique.
Additional Supportive Care:
Amazing Topical Cough Relief:
Apply BioFreeze (from PGL, 800-527-9512) generously to the bottom of both feet and cover with thick, warm socks, then get under the covers in bed; relief of even the worst, deep, annoying coughs should ensue within 5 to 10 minutes and last for several hours, permitting deep, restful sleep, thereby supporting immune defenses and accelerating recovery from coughs due to colds and flus. This self-care method is far safer and superior to oral OTC and/or prescription cough medicines, and works almost 100% of the time in both children and adults of all ages.
- Use “Healing Mists” as directed:
- Purchase a cool mist, ultrasound humidifier and several pint bottles of 3% hydrogen peroxide at your local pharmacy.
- Into the reservoir of the humidifier, pour the entire contents of one pint bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Next, pour two pints of water into the reservoir of the humidifier (this results in a 1% solution of hydrogen peroxide).
- Set up the ultrasound humidifier by your bedside, or wherever you’re resting, and breathe in deeply the cool vapors for several hours. This will help your immune system fight the viral, bacterial and/or fungal infections in your sinuses, throat and lungs. Your white blood immune cells actually use little, intracellular packets filled with hydrogen peroxide, called peroxisomes, to effectively fight off infectious pathogens.
Natural Medical Hydrotherapy for Colds & Flus:
This is probably the most frequently prescribed hydrotherapy treatment in naturopathic offices. It is easy to do, takes very little time and is extremely effective. Used to treat colds, sore throats, ear infections, headaches, and almost any other problem involving congestion or infection in the upper body and head, this treatment is one about which every household should know. It is also helpful in some cases of insomnia and can be used on a regular basis to encourage immune system health and enhanced defenses against infections and inflammations in the head and upper body.
- It is crucial that before you begin this treatment you warm your feet first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water or wrapping your feet with a hot, moist towel for five minutes.
- Next, take a pair of cotton socks and wet the portion covering the feet with ice cold water. Be sure to wring the socks out so that they are damp, but not dripping wet.
- Place the cold socks on your feet. Now cover these with a pair of dry, thick wool socks. Go to bed, being sure to wrap up well with a warm blanket. Avoid getting chilled.
- Please DO NOT remove the socks in the middle of the night. This is a common mistake and will ruin the effectiveness of the treatment. They may still be wet in the middle of the night, but trust that they will be dry in the morning. Many patients also report that they sleep much better during the treatment.
- Obtain the above nutraceutical agent #1 from ElectroPure at (540) 460-4209, and state Dr. Fleisher’s name to order.
- Obtain above nutraceutical agents #2 through #8 from PGL at (800) 527-9512, use #7876 to order.
To order online from PGL, copy and paste https://www.progressivelabs.com/register.php into your browser window, register using #7876 under “Referred by,” and then place your order.
- Obtain above nutraceutical agents #9 through #14 from Biotics Research at (800) 524-5183, use #VA-1896 to order.
- Obtain above nutraceutical agents #15 through #28 from Wellevate.com at (855) 935-5382, or Emerson Ecologics at (800) 654-4432, state Dr. Fleisher’s name to order.
- Obtain above nutraceutical agents #29 through #31 from Purium at (888) 747-6733, use ‘DRMCARE’ to order at discount.
Copyright © 2016 by Alternative DrMCare / Mitchell A. Fleisher, M.D., D.Ht., D.A.B.F.M.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below:
Alternative DrMCare, P.O. Box 860, Nellysford, VA 22958, email@example.com
Updated April 2020